Safe Online Banking
Tips for Your PC
- Install spam filter and anti-virus software on your PC.
- Ensure your PC is protected with a personal firewall.
- Scan your PC regularly to detect and remove spyware.
- Update your operating system and web browser software regularly.
- Look to ensure “https://” appears in the web site address and that the security padlock icon appears on web sites that request personal information.
How to Choose Secure Passwords
- Don’t use passwords that are based on personal information that can be easily accessed or guessed.
- Don’t use words that can be found in any dictionary of any language.
- Develop a mnemonic for remembering complex passwords and use both lowercase and capital letters as well as numbers and symbols.
- Use a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters, and use different passwords on different systems